Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 16- 19th March (金太阳)
Roommates and I stayed up last night and we had a movie marathon ;) Rest for a while at about 5, got up at 7, prepared and met the local students for breakfast at 8! We were all thinking ‘why so early?’ :/ I think they are used to getting up early because when we met them, they are full of energy already!! Anyway, we went to a porridge stall nearby to have our breakfast (: When we were ordering our food, Meowlin received a message and she jumped! We knew we were going to receive our results this morning, but we never expect that we still could receive it when in Wuhan. I got mine not long after. My results improved and I’m quite satisfied with it ;D I’m glad that most of my other classmates’ marks improved too.

After breakfast, we returned to our dorms to do our last packing before boarding the coach at 1. We took a super long bus ride from Wuhan to Yi Chang (宜昌). It was about 4 hours long! When we reached, we headed to a restaurant in a hotel straight, for our dinner. It was simple and the standard was still alright ;) We were all feeling so restless already after such a long journey from Wuhan but we still had to carry on with it after our dinner.
This is where we had our dinner.

The dishes never fail to fill up the entire table.

I finally see a PROPER traffic light and vehicles adhering to the regulations

Pictures i managed to shoot during the journey:
From far, do they look like Singapore's bungalows/terraces (?) ;)

Look at all the pictures above. Huge pieces of land with beautiful flowers. Why don't Singapore have places like that? D: I'd so love to stay at such a place.



It was about an hour plus long and we reached the port where our shipped is docked, at 8.20pm. Something cocked up when we were queuing up to enter the customs. A group of us managed to board the ship, while the other group of us had to wait outside for quite some time.

I wouldn’t mind waiting for a longer time if the toilet isn’t located just beside the counter and the people boarding the ship isn’t as ‘violent’. The toilet was situated at such a place whereby when we are queuing to enter the port, you are actually breathing the stench of the cubicles! I was so afraid that this would be the standard of how it’d be on the ship :( Next thing was, while we’re waiting to pass the counter, there was this humongous group of tourists going on for another trip rushing towards us. We were all standing in 2 straight lines, but they still insisted on squeezing in between us. When their tour guide shouted that they can enter, all of us thought that there was going to be a stampede. The way they rush and push and pull, it’s really horrible.

After quite some time, we managed to board the ship safely. The ship we're going to be on for the next 2 days is named, 金太阳. Got our room keys and I was rather surprised by the room condition and facilities. What we heard from the previous batch was that, there is no hot water, the beddings are horrible, there’re rats in the toilets, so on and so forth. The cubicle in our room may be small, but it is still considered in a good condition.

To my surprise, there’s a television! Unpacked our ration and belongings and got ready to explore a bit of the ship. Went up to the open deck and the breeze was awesome ;)

Reflection
There weren’t many activities this afternoon, but I still feel very tired and restless by dinner time. It must be due to the long bus journey from Wuhan to Yi Chang. The very first sight I had on Yi Chang, I feel that it is more of a business type of city. Furthermore, I feel that Yi Chang have better controlled systems and organizations as compared to Wuhan. The traffic condition itself can tell everything. There was very little traffic jams experienced, drivers and pedestrians do obey the regulations put in placed on the road, and lastly I hardly hear any honking! Don’t these show that they have a better transportation system? ;) One thing special I observed was that I saw bicycles in the underground tunnel as well! P.s. didn’t manage to capture an image of that because it was too fast!
I also realized that it is best not to provoke the Chinese here as they are very aggressive. I can never put what I experienced at the port in words. It is just indescribable. But being in their country, patience is what i have to practice or else i'm only making life difficult for myself. I never thought that being on a cruise for 3d2n will ever happen to me. I can swim, but I do not like the idea of staying on a boat or ship for too long. I’ve been watching shows of shipwrecks and accidents on ships that I have a bad impression on cruise. I will never stop thinking about the sharks in the sea, sinking ships and stuffs like that. Haha but the first few hours here, on the ship isn’t that bad after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment