Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Day 20- 23rd March (Rain rain go away; come again another day :{)
Now I finally understand what the local students meant by Wuhan’s weather is unpredictable. Last week, the temperature was increasing slowly already. A few days ago, the temperature was like how it is in Singapore. But just this morning, it started to rain, the temperature dropped unexpectedly, and we’re back in winter! Amazing?! :) We thought that it was just simply raining just like in Singapore where we just had to have something over our head. But NO, we’re wrong! When we stepped out of the hostel, the wind blew from all directions and the umbrella seemed to be of no use. All of us were amused by the sudden drop in temperature and was unprepared at all.

With one hand holding on to the fragile umbrella, one hand hugging on to my heavy laptop, we walked from the hostel to the classroom shivering like there’s no tomorrow! We couldn’t slow down our pace or we will be late for class. Managed to reach 606 on time and when we reached, the front part of the classroom was covered with umbrellas, like an umbrella fiesta! Our lesson soon began! Today,we started on a new chapter on PERT- Program evaluation and review technique. This technique is used when activity durations are uncertain or uncontrollable. The method may seem long, but like it since it is all involving mathematics calculation :D

However after a short while, I started to feel uncomfortable and ill. My temperature seemed to be increasing as I feel warm in the inside and cold on the outside :{ It felt so tight on the chest and my tummy feels like it is churning. I tried my best to finish up the assignment given as soon as possible so that I can rest. Not long after, I couldn’t take it any longer and so I rushed to the washroom and have everything thrown up :( I did feel a little better then. I went back to the classroom and it was lunch time. The girls decided to have lunch at the canteen because it is near, and since the weather was freezing. I intended to skip lunch because I knew my digestive system cannot take it anymore. But the 3 sweethearts- Eline, Meowlin and Charmaine, bought me a bowl of dumpling soup :}
Loooook, my 爱心饺子。

Ate a little and off we went to our dorms for a short rest as there was still some time left before afternoon lesson starts. Didn’t feel any better, but I already put in my utmost effort to pay attention in class to finish up the practical and assignment! Luckily, Ms Neo released us a bit earlier. Headed back to the dorm, intending to rest. I have no idea why time seems to pass so quickly. I wanted to have a short nap, but after cracking my brain to blog, it was already time for dinner! :O My tummy wasn’t feeling too well still at that moment. I did not intend to have anything for dinner; however my roommates tempted me with KFC DELIVERY! :( Grr, I know I have to stay away from all these, but I just could not resist :/ But I didn’t have too much! >.< The delivery service is super good and fast. Our food came within 30 minutes despite the rain outside. Unfortunately, they delivered one burger less, and so we called to request another delivery. Our order came in 15minutes!! Our one call brought trouble to the delivery man. It was his first day of work, and the HQ considered this mistake as a complain and will look into this matter D: He asked Eline and Meowlin politely if they could call back the HQ to call off the complain! D:

So we finally finished our finger licking good dinner ;) Cleaned up, washed up and I did a little revision for this coming written test on Thursday before hitting the sack :)

Reflection
I feel it is very challenging to be in Wuhan, fighting with the different types of unpredictable weather conditions that may increase or drop significantly. I might have had something unhygienic, causing some issues in my stomach which felt really horrible. It wasn’t possible for me to be typing without the care of my friends here. This makes me think of my comfortable bed where I will lie on when ill, and the love and concern I will receive from my parents :( Hmm, i wonder if they miss me? Heh well, this is when I have to learn to be independent and have everything well taken care of by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment